Lavender Citrus Scones.
Lavender Citrus Scones 🌸
(Adapted from Betty Crocker)
(*) Items are available in our shop.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons Lavender Citrus Sucre*
- 2 tsp. lavender buds (optional)
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 5 1/2 tbsp. cold plant butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup Dairy Free Creamer (Trader Joe's Soy Creamer was perfect)
- Additional Dairy Free Creamer
- Additional Lavender Citrus Sucre*
Preheat oven to 375. In a large bowl, combine flour, sucre, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter, using two butter knives until mixture is fine crumbs. Stir in vanilla, and enough dairy free creamer for dough to leave side of bowl. (Whole grain pastry flours require more cream; gluten free flour requires less).
Put dough on lightly floured surface; dust with flour. Knead lightly 10 times. On parchment lined baking sheet, roll or pat dough into circle about 8" wide. Cut into 8 wedges with sharp knife; keep wedges together. Brush with additional cream; sprinkle with remaining Lavender Citrus Sucre.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until light brown and center is cooked through. Serve warm.